Installation Woes...

Douglas Moyes silence@inorbit.com
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 17:20:22 -0800 (PST)

> Hello, there.  I've been trying to install GNUCash, and I have a few
> installation issues that I thought you should address.

Funny you should mention this, it took me some time to compile guile for the
first time. I gave up on it for a while-- Especally since not all of the
dependancies are mentioned in the documentation.  What's worse is that the
GNUcash page dependancies list does not have the URL to all of them yet.

> Problem #2:
> SLIB doesn't have an install for Guile.  In order to effectively build

It took me a little while to figure out how to install slib myself... And I've
been using Linix for over 4 years now. Most people are just discovering the
system, so naturally it would be a pain to install.

> 5. Create a Guile.init file for SLIB.  Give it to the Guile folks and
> the SLIB folks.  Post it on your page.  Let the people who visit your
> page know that it is needed.

What would be a better idea is if all the required files that are not part
of GNOME are available on the GNUcash FTP site. This would save everyone a
lot of trouble.