Features, features, features, why not add one more?

Rob Browning rlb@cs.utexas.edu
15 Jan 2001 00:45:50 -0600

Douglas Moyes <silence@inorbit.com> writes:

> I haven't read anything about changes to the stock account handling
> in GNUcash as of yet, and so I have a few recommendations for
> changes:

  [... some interesting ideas elided ...]

The current plan is to deal with stock buys/sells/splits as events,
and those things are stored in the register, but things like
capital-gains which are computed values, and may be computed
differently depending on your nationality and/or chosen method, will
be handled as "reports".

So you'll just ask for a particular type of capital-gains report and
get a nice table of values perhaps accompanied by some guppi-graph or
other.

Would that satisfy your current needs?