scripting language vs. developer community size

linas@linas.org linas@linas.org
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 16:15:34 -0600 (CST)

I'll say this only once, very quietly, since I don't want a flame
war; but personally I've never been a fan of Java. Its slowww, buggy,
crashes a lot, and has trouble playing nice with others.
I've always been intrigued by the fact that the (vast?) majority
of the open source community have stayed away from java, even
as large chunks of the rest of the programming world flocked to it.

--linas