backend-sql, network hacks

David Merrill david@lupercalia.net
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 17:28:59 -0500

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 04:17:32PM -0600, linas@linas.org wrote:
> It's been rumoured that David Merrill said:
> >
> > But I think using stored procedures in some places will be
> > advantageous - particularly when doing checkpointing, recording the
> > audit trail, and that sort of thing. It will be much faster as well as
> > more robust and scalable.
>
> Well, if you could explain that, it would be great. I wasn't going to
> tackle those items.

Please see http://www.lupercalia.net/gnucash-db/ for my notes and some
working scripts for creating table schema. Some is in good condition,
some is b0rken. The .txt files are all documentation and probably what
you are interested in.

If anything does not make sense after reading the .txt files, please
let me know as that is a bug in the document.

I think the txt files are pretty much up to date.

Linux Documentation Project                   david@lupercalia.net
                                       Finger me for my public key

Today is a good day to bribe a high-ranking public official.