backend-sql, network hacks

David Merrill david@lupercalia.net
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:50:26 -0500

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 07:11:41PM -0600, linas@linas.org wrote:

> > Please see http://www.lupercalia.net/gnucash-db/ for my notes and some
> > working scripts for creating table schema. Some is in good condition,
> > some is b0rken. The .txt files are all documentation and probably what
> > you are interested in.
>
> I've scanned it before, but don't remember a discussion of stored
> proc's or table joins esp. in view of avoiding C code.
> I'll look again.

Oh, sorry, you're right. I misunderstood you. There is no specific
documentation on those things because they haven't been designed yet.
They depend directly on the API.

I was referring to the auditing and checkpointing functionality. It
*could* be implemented in the engine, but my assumption was that it
would be implemented directly in the database for maximum robustness
and speed.

Linux Documentation Project                   david@lupercalia.net
                                       Finger me for my public key

panic("sun_82072_fd_inb: How did I get here?");
        2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/include/asm-sparc/floppy.h