(no subject)

Peter Yadlowsky petey@UU.NET
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 14:18:59 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I've just recently joined the developers list.

When I started using gnucash about a week ago, I almost immediately
noticed that in the register window there's no sort of graphic delimiter
to separate past and present transactions from future projected
transactions. Quicken, for example, draws a blue line across the window to
mark the end of current transactions. It's a small thing, but for me it's
a very useful visual cue. It tell me at a glance what's in a given
account today.

I don't know if anyone else has expressed desire for a blue-line, but I
went ahead and downloaded the gnucash source (via CVS) to hack it myself.
I now have my blue line and would like to share the patch if anyone is
interested. It seems to work pretty well, but could probably be improved
by someone with a thorough understanding of gnucash infrastructure.

So, how does a developer go about contributing code?

 --
Pete Yadlowsky
UUNET Technologies, Inc.                           Voice - 703-886-7931