Auto-repeating entries

Dan Kegel dank@alumni.caltech.edu
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:36:17 -0800

linas@linas.org wrote:

> It's been rumoured that Paul Lussier said:
> >
> > Can you define "spun out of control"?
>
> Teach me to be sloppy with euphemisms, I didn't mean to imply
> something negative, the changes have all been positive.
> Using the sheme/guile lang. is a good thing.

Linas probably just meant that scheme/guile was originally added
to gnucash for user scripting, and turned out to be much more than that.

BTW, I finished reading through the Scheme book I bought last week.
It was good preparation for reviewing the newer parts of C++.
I'm an old C programmer, and had put off learning STL because
it was too weird.  Compared to Scheme, though, STL isn't so odd,
and the same themes kept popping up in both.  Comparative literature 101 :-)

- Dan