errors compiling Guppi-0.35.2.tar.gz

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
27 Jan 2001 21:50:46 -0500

Richard -Gilligan- Uschold <uschold@cs.ucf.edu> writes:

> I downloaded g-wrap-1.1.9-1.src.rpm and g-wrap-devel-1.1.9-1.i386.rpm
> from www.ihtfp.org/g-wrap and tried to install the src rpm.  This did
> not work!  I first tried with kpackage, the usual way I install rpms.
> It gave no weeore or warnings, it just did not do anything! Then I tried
> from the comand line:
>
> rpm -i g-wrap-1.1.9-1.src.rpm
>
> This did nothing as well!

Well, rpm -i will give you no visual feedback.  Also, you installed
the Source RPM, which implies that you probably have the code in
/usr/src/redhat.

For the binary packages, you should:
	rpm -ivh g-wrap-1.1.9-1.i386.rpm
	rpm -ivh g-wrap-devel-1.1.9-1.i386.rpm

> Next, I did make install on the g-wrap-1.1.9 tarball, ahd did chmod on
> the newly created files. now, there is only a single copy of
> g-wrap-config.

Why not just set your umask before you "make install" as root?  No
matter -- just make sure that all the g-wrap files are readable.

> Back in the gnucash-1.5.x directory, I;

Are you sure you have the most-recent CVS downloaded?

> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/devel/gnucash-1.5.3-org/src/guile'
> FLAVOR=gnome guile -c \
>           "(set! %load-path (cons \"/usr/share/guile\" %load-path)) \
>            (primitive-load \"./gnc.gwp\") \
>            (gw:generate-module \"gnc\")"
> ERROR: get-type: type not found: gw:wct
> make[3]: *** [gnc.c] Error 2

Hrm.  I remember having this, but I'm absolutely sure that this was
fixed in the most recent CVS code.