Regression tests?

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 09:01:42 +1100

Dan Kegel writes:
 > Could something similar be done for gnucash?  Would it help
 > make crash bugs less likely?

One of the problems with that is that the majority of crashes seem to
come from GUI code.  Writing  test scripts for a GUI is rather more
difficult than writing them for server code.

It's probably something that gnome is going to have to look at, though
- a testing framework to allow scripts to operate GUI's would not be a
bad thing.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

"We are excited and optimistic about its usage going
forward and, yes, we can teach penguins the military
close-order drill", Mark Norton, US Department of Defense.