Transaction Report

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
30 Jun 2001 18:58:22 -0700

On 30 Jun 2001 13:27:17 -0400, Michael T. Garrison Stuber wrote:
> I've sold my soul to the gods of the parenthesis and have been teaching
> myself scheme.  I think I finally get it.  On the one hand it's very cool.
> On the other hand the C programmer in me is still twitching.  In any event,
> I've made a copy of the transaction report and extended it to allow
> inclusion and exclusion filtering based on a second account list.  The
> upshot of this is that if you want to get a report of all the transaction
> between account list one and accounts list two, including subtotals (very
> important for my needs) you can do it.
>
> Sooo . . . (please forgive me if I'm asking something in the docs, I tried
> to read the appropriate ones)
> Is this something anybody would be interested in?

It sounds pretty interesting, could you give some more
examples of its use?

> Should I put my changes back into the main transaction report, or should I
> leave it a separate report?

Would it be hard to have the transaction report have it's default
behavior if you don't mess with the new options?

gnucash-patches@gnucash.org

> I'm working against the 1.6 branch -- is this a problem?

Not really, since it has been so soon after the branch.
If the reporting infrastructure starts to change again
(there are no plans for it to change, atm) then you
might want to switch to the development tree, though
I understand it's easier to use the stable one.

thanks,
dave