Transaction Report

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 11:59:19 +1000

On Sun, 01 Jul 2001 03:27:17 Michael T. Garrison Stuber wrote:
> I've sold my soul to the gods of the parenthesis and have been teaching
> myself scheme.  I think I finally get it.  On the one hand it's very
> cool.
> On the other hand the C programmer in me is still twitching.  In any
> event,
> I've made a copy of the transaction report and extended it to allow
> inclusion and exclusion filtering based on a second account list.  The
> upshot of this is that if you want to get a report of all the transaction
>
> between account list one and accounts list two, including subtotals (very
>
> important for my needs) you can do it.
>
> Sooo . . . (please forgive me if I'm asking something in the docs, I
> tried
> to read the appropriate ones)
> Is this something anybody would be interested in?

Definitely.

> Should I put my changes back into the main transaction report, or should
> leave it a separate report?

Like Dave said, depends on whether the default can easily be made to act
like the existing behaviour.

> Where do I send my patch once I've produced a formal one?
> I'm working against the 1.6 branch -- is this a problem?

Not right now, but in general if you're working on major new stuff I'd
recommend that you work against the latest development branch.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

Go You Big Red Fire Engine
-- Unknown Audience Member at Adam Hills standup gig