Proposal

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 14:02:17 +1000

On Mon, 02 Jul 2001 12:55:43 Chris Lyttle wrote:
> Hi
> I've been following the GnuCash-devel mailing list for some time now and
> now that we have 1.6.0 out the door I was wondering what the feeling
> would be for an occasional "News" email sent out to the various Linux
> News sites to keep people up with the directions GnuCash is heading. I
> would be willing to put this together from mailing list posts if no one
> objects.

A couple of people (including me) have proposed doing this a couple of
times,
but nobody's actually been prepared to put in the time to do it.  I think
this would be really great.

I would suggest a bi-weekly or monthly schedule, if you want to make it a
regular thing.  I'd be prepared to help out if you were unable to do a
particular issue.

One home might be as a Kernel Cousin (http://kt.zork.net), but it could
also
be posted on the gnucash web pages - opinions, anyone?

BTW, since a fair bit of important stuff gets discussed on the IRC channel,
you might wish to include it.  Considerable discretion if of course called
for if you want to do that (in fact, it'd probably be best if you always
asked
for permission before doing so IMHO).

Anyway, this would be a really great contribution to the project if you can
stick with it.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

Go You Big Red Fire Engine
-- Unknown Audience Member at Adam Hills standup gig