Can't compile - problem seeing installed RPM

Timothy Reaves treaves@silverfields.com
Fri, 06 Jul 2001 09:42:42 -0400

Tyson Dowd wrote:

> On 05-Jul-2001, Timothy Reaves <treaves@silverfields.com> wrote:
>
>>	Yet another problem with gnucash: I'm running SuSE 7.1.  I can't use the
>>pre-compiled gnucash for SuSE because it has dependencies that aren't
>>reasonable for a SuSE distro.
>>
>>	So I am trying to compile from source.  This is the error message:
>>checking for gnome-config... (cached) /opt/gnome/bin/gnome-config
>>checking for GNOME-PRINT - version >= 0.21... did not find any version
>>configure: error: GNOME-PRINT not found or wrong version
>>Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.88222 (%build)
>>

> I'm not sure about this, but it seems suspicious that
> /opt/gnome/bin/gnome-config is being used -- wouldn't the rpms normally
> be installed in /usr/bin?  Are you sure you are not catching an
> installation in /opt/gnome instead of the version you installed with
> RPM?

	These are RPM's either installed from SuSE or from gnucash'es web site.
So if that is where they were put, that is where they go.  I find it
very problematic that they can't see each other, regarldess of where
they were installed.