Remote Postgres access??

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
06 Jul 2001 11:25:40 -0400

James LewisMoss <jimdres@mindspring.com> writes:

>  Derek> Alan Orndorff <dwarf@solarisresources.com> writes:
>  >> Would this kernel module limit Gnucash to only Linux then?
>
>  Derek> I think if you use IPSec, then no, it probably wouldn't be
>  Derek> limited to Linux.  OTOH, I also think we're YEARS away from a
>  Derek> deployable IPSec system.
>
> I've had ipsec working between two linux boxes with no major
> troubles.  It wasn't the easiest thing to setup, but it did work.
>
> Jim

That's nice.  I have IPSec between a couple of my systems, too.
But it's that limited, a COUPLE of systems.  There is NO WAY that
my whole company could get IPSec deployed between each and every
host in the enterprise.  No way.  And _THAT_ is the scale that I'm
worried about.

Sure, I could set up IPSec between my 6 hosts at home.  6^2 isn't a
large number of keys to manually configure.  Now imagine thousands
of hosts.