GnuCash 1.6.1 and (window) position saving

Matthias Hensler Matthias Hensler <matthias@wspse.de>
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:52:09 +0200

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 03:14:51AM -0700, Dave Peticolas wrote:
> On 08 Jul 2001 16:21:27 +0200, Matthias Hensler wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm using gnucash 1.6.1 (self created Redhat 7.1-RPM, because still
> > using guile 1.3) under WindowMaker.
> >
> > The option to save window positions is activated, but if I close
> > GnuCash when it's maximized, it will start at +0+10 the next time I
> > start it (the same happens with galeon, so this might be a gnome
> > bug).
>
> The option is whether to save window sizes. Window positions are under
> the control of the window manager, not GnuCash.

Yes, but normally WindowMaker saves the position of a fullsized window,
and restores it, but I will check this.

> > The far more bigger problem is the length of the columns in the
> > register (using 800x600). I can move the columns so that currency
> > and description is minimized, but it's maximized again when I'm
> > klick on a account and open the edit-dialog. The same happens when
> > closing and restarting GnuCash.
>
> The description column will be adjusted so that there is no empty
> space in the register. Have you tried maker the register narrower?

That is the problem. I only have 800x600 and cannot see every values. So
I made the register narrower, but the next time I start GnuCash, or when
I use the account-edit function, the column is restored to fullsize.

Matthias
--
           \  WSPse  -=-  Softwaredevelopment for Linux   \"""\\"""\\""/_  _
            \  http://www.wspse.de/  mailto:wspse@wspse.de \   \\   \\/(  |_)