Using goops in 1.7 code . . .

Alessio Bragadini alessio@sevenseas.org
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 22:50:35 +0300

I would like to add a general comment. Please note that I am an
enthusiast of GnuCash and I really love your work and your attitude,
ok? :-)

I believe there is a little too much desire to use the latest tools
and libraries. Ofcourse I realize it is for creating a much better
software, and any new tool is properly used, but on the other hand I
think GnuCash should end up on as many desktops as possible, and its
target is somehow different from some development tool, or
bleeding-edge use. Therefore, being a little more conservative on
requirements might help end-users to have the latest GnuCash release
and widen its audience. In fact, I wanted to post this comment in the
bigger thread about installation and requirements.

Hope you take this comment for a little but constructive contribution!

--
Alessio F. Bragadini		alessio@sevenseas.org

La Citta` Invisibile: notizie e dibattiti per i cittadini della Rete
http://www.citinv.it