Wondering about features

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 09:52:11 -0500

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 10:31:58PM +0800, Federico Sevilla III was heard to remark:
> On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 at 09:14, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> > You can 'sort-of' work around these by hand, but anyone who likes
> > peachtree or quickbooks will be disappointed.
>
> This is the kind of information I'm looking for. While he will be
> disappointed with GnuCash until we get more than sort-of workarounds in
> place, we cannot afford anything but GnuCash. Perhaps you have some
> workarounds for the stuff I listed that you can share? Or some great
> "we've done that, been there" URLs with previous experiences?

I don't personally. I think it might be better for someone else
to try to answer these questions.   Its not clear to me how much
of this function can be handled with a different set of reports,
and how much with gui changes. (the latter are much harder).

--linas

--
I'm very PUBLIC-MINDED, I'm helping a NIGERIAN get his $25,000,000 back!