Module system and source tree reorg

Rob Browning rlb@defaultvalue.org
30 Jul 2001 09:19:30 -0500

grib@billgribble.com (Bill Gribble) writes:

> The following is a list of what I think should be subdirs of "src".
> The format is
>
> gnc-component    gnucash/component
>   the gnc-component events-and-callbacks interface

[...]

> gnc-engine       gnucash/engine

What's the distinction here?  Why is one name gnc-engine and the other
gnucash/engine?

> report-core      gnucash/report/core
>   non-gui code for representing and running reports.  This would be
>   mostly report.scm plus html-*.scm.  Should be useful on its own
>   without GUI.
>
> report-guppi     gnucash/report/guppi
>   support for guppi graphs in reports
>
> reports-text    gnucash/reports/basic
>   most of the non-graphing reports we have now
>
> reports-guppi    gucash/reports/guppi
>   reports that use guppi

Having the names report and reports as a important but different
categories seems likely to be confusing.  Perhaps report-utils and
report-utils-guppi, or something else, would make the distinction
clearer.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu