doc problems

James LewisMoss jimdres@mindspring.com
04 Jun 2001 17:39:58 -0400

>>>>> On Fri, 1 Jun 2001 12:11:41 +1000, Robert Graham Merkel <rgmerk@mira.net> said:

 Robert> On Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:47:50 James LewisMoss wrote:

 >> I didn't want to go messing with this stuff not knowing how things
 >> were setup and planned, but here's the issues I see with the docs
 >> (I'm willing to fix these issues I just wanted to make sure I'm
 >> not messing with things that are meant to be a certain way):
 >>
 >> 1) There are nested "Getting Started" sections in
 >> xacc-quickstart.sgml.  Maybe the sect1 "Getting Started" should be
 >> removed and all the sect2's should be promoted to sect1's.

 Robert> Yep. That makes sense.  Shall fix.

 >> 2) "Getting Started" section should be at the top.  Not halfway
 >>    down
 >> the page.
 Robert> Yep.

 >> 3) A tip mentions looking at a What Changed section, but a quick
 >>    scan
 >> didn't find it (it may be there).  If it exists it should be
 >> prominent (subsection of the first section on the page) or it
 >> should be created if it doesn't exist.

 Robert> It's there - I think I called it "What's new in GnuCash 1.5
 Robert> . . ."  Will fix the tip.

 >> 4) Like 1 above, nested "Finding transactions with \"Find
 >> Transactions\" dialog"

 Robert> Ok.  Shall fix.
 >> 5) If an article doesn't have any sections it gets no space
 >>    between
 >> it's title and the next article's title making it seem as if it's
 >> one long (and ofter confusing) article name.  Adding a
 >> <sect1><title></title>...</sect1> around all the content in the
 >> file gives it a nice space from the rest.  This problem exists for
 >> "Preferences", "Balance Tracking Report", "Creating a
 >> \"commodity\"", "Account Window", "Profit and Loss Statement",
 >> "Printing", "Tax Report / TXF Export", "Transaction Report",
 >> "Detailed TXF Category Descriptions", "TXF Export - Known
 >> Anomalies and Limitations", "TXF Export of tax data", and "GnuCash
 >> Y2K Readiness".

 Robert> Agreed.  Will fix.

OK.  I've got all but 3 fixed in my local source.  I've got to leave
the house for a few hours and check to make sure I haven't broken
anything some more, but then I'll check in the changes tonight.

Jim

--
@James LewisMoss <dres@debian.org>      |  Blessed Be!
@    http://jimdres.home.mindspring.com |  Linux is kewl!