Entering transactions in double/multi-line view

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
04 Jun 2001 18:15:26 -0700

On 04 Jun 2001 19:40:14 -0500, Matthew Vanecek wrote:
> Hi, all.  This has been really bugging me, and I don't know if it's
> something I've been doing, or if it's a bug.   I've got my style set to
> Auto Single.
>
> When I open a transaction, it appears with the main line, and then the
> various lines for the accounts the money is split between, and then a
> final blank line.  If my current focus is on the last populated line of
> the record, and I hit enter, I get dropped to the blank line.  If I hit
> Enter again, a new blank line is created (total: 2 blank lines).  If I
> then click on the first blank line, a new blank line is created before
> the focus is moved to the first blank line.  I then right-click on the
> blank lines and delete them, each time answering "Yes" to the
> "do-you-really-want-to-do-what-you-said-you-wanted-to-do?" dialogue box
> (where's the config to turn that off?).
>
> Now, to me, the expected behavior is thus: if my current focus is on a
> blank line (the last line of a split transaction), and I hit enter, the
> next record should be focussed on (as opposed to more blank lines being
> created ad infinitum).
>
> This has been a problem for me as far as I can remember back using
> gnucash with the multiple-line views.  It affects both bank accounts and
> credit card accounts (and income/expense 'accounts', as well).
>
> Note that if I am on the first line, and then hit enter until I reach
> the last populated line of the record, and then TAB through each field
> from first to last of that last populated line (placing me in the blank
> line), and *then* press enter, focus gets moved to the next record.

This only occurs when you use the enter on the numeric keypad, right?

I can duplicate this in 1.4.12, but not in 1.5.98, so I think we have
fixed this for 1.6.0. There will probably not be another release in
the 1.4 series.

dave