compiling gnucash-1.5.98 on Solaris 8

Leach, Chris J (Oakton) LeachCJ@az1.bp.com
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:06:18 +1000

PS. I am quite familiar with truss, ldd etc what I dont
have is time to get over the configure m4 learning curve.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Orndorff [mailto:dwarf@solarisresources.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 6 June 2001 12:08 AM
To: Leach, Chris J (Oakton)
Cc: gnucash-devel@gnucash.org
Subject: Re: compiling gnucash-1.5.98 on Solaris 8

Only real advice I can give you is become  great friends with
the truss command and see whats missing.  Use truss to create
an output file -o /some_file_name and then grep/vi/more/whatever
through it and look for ENOENT, Error No Entry or in other words
File not found.  It will also show you which directories its looking in
and you'll probably have to copy files to other directories.

alan

"Leach, Chris J (Oakton)" wrote:

> I have installed
> autoconf-2.50
> automake-1.4-p2
> make-3.79.1
> bison-1.28
> gettext-0.10.38
> gcc-2.95.2
> guile-1.4
> slib2d1
> g-wrap-1.1.10
> Sun's early access gnome-1.4 which installs into /opt/gnome-1.4
> Guppi-0.35.5
>
> configure fails to find dbopen
>     Berkeley_db is installed with gnome 1.4 EA with
>     libdb.so in /opt/gnome-1.4/lib
>     db.h db_185.h in /opt/gnome-1.4/include
> I'm able to add the required include/library flags but not being a
configure
> guru dont know how to do ths correctly.
> The include needs to be propergated to doc-tools/Makefile
> src/gnome/Makefile gets the required include set.
>
> configure fails to find popt
>     popt is installed with gnome 1.4 EA with
>     libpopt.so in /install/gnome-1.4/lib
>     popt.h in /opt/gnome-1.4/include

Solaris Resources (Ultra/Intel)
http://www.solarisresources.com