migrating from 1.4 to 1.6

James LewisMoss jimdres@mindspring.com
06 Jun 2001 23:29:18 -0400

>>>>> On 06 Jun 2001 20:12:13 -0500, Matthew Vanecek <linux4us@home.com> said:

 Matthew> On 04 Jun 2001 23:07:50 -0700, Dave Peticolas wrote:
 >> On 04 Jun 2001 22:01:53 -0500, Matthew Vanecek wrote:
 >> > Are there, or will there be, docs on how to migrate from 1.4 to
 >> > 1.6? My understanding is that the file format has changed quite
 >> > a bit.  Beyond a little blurb to that effect in the README, I
 >> > didn't see anything relevant.
 >>
 >> Old format files should be converted automatically.  But please
 >> let us know if they aren't :)
 >>
 >> dave

 Matthew> Ok, here's another question: How difficult would it be to
 Matthew> convert from the 1.6 file format to a Postgres database?

It's a big xml file.  Many parsers exist.  A perl script with xml
parser and postgres module should be able to do the work pretty
easily.

jim

--
@James LewisMoss <dres@debian.org>      |  Blessed Be!