Non-breaking spaces in tables

Bill Gribble grib@linuxdevel.com
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 07:37:16 -0500

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 03:00:54PM +1000, Damian Ivereigh wrote:
> The typical workaround to this is to insert a non-breaking space into
> the cell ( )

... which is what Gnucash generally does when it creates the table.
gtkhtml appears to be throwing away a lot of information when it
exports the HTML.

We don't need to ask gtkhtml for the HTML.  We have already generated
it and it's cached in the report object.  It seems pretty clear that
there are some problems with the gtkhtml export functionality, so
maybe we should just use the report's cached HTML, which we know has
all the right stuff in it.

I'm not sure what's required to do this; I'll have a look today.

b.g.