[VW Fan <vw_fan17@yahoo.com>] Re-saving multi-currency databases to backend fails

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 17:40:51 -0500

The bug below was just fixed in the latest cvs.

BTW, the sql backend is more-or-less ready for
wider if not widespread use.  The single-user mode
has no known (serious) bugs.  There some cleanup
that is needed (e.g. a gui dialog for username/password
is not integrated; the way that errors are reported is
ugly and could be improved, etc.)  But I beleive
its ready to rock-n-roll.

The multi-user mode is also almost ready.
There are a few glitches involving the display of account
balances that will scare people, but I beleive that in
all other respects, it should work ok.  Once I get the
balances fixed, the remaining known bugs are 'minor'.
Its not been well tested (ok, its almost not been tested
at all ... that's where you come in...)

--linas

----- Forwarded message from Dave Peticolas <dave@krondo.com> -----

From: VW Fan <vw_fan17@yahoo.com>

Then, I tried to make a copy of this database, by
doing a "save as" and giving it a new
postgres://localhost/db URL.

It bombs with (info on the xterm):

Info: pgendStoreOneTransactionOn...(): sending query
INSERT INTO gncTransaction (num, description,
currency, last_modified, date_entered, date_posted,
version, transGUID) VALUES ('1', 'Bank to Customer 2',
'', 'NOW', '2001-06-06 18:09:52.000000 -0400',
'2001-06-05 23:00:00.000000 -0400', 3,
'9dd82d29e89b378462b8c6b3c940adc7');
Info: pgendStoreOneTransactionOn...(): clearing result
0
Error: pgendStoreOneTransactionOn...(): finish query
failed:
        ERROR:  ExecAppend: rejected due to CHECK
constraint gnctransaction_currency