Compiling GnuCash with Guppy

Richard -Gilligan- Uschold uschold@cs.ucf.edu
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 02:31:07 +0000

I discovered some precompiled binaries of Guppi for Mandrake, so, I
downloaded and installed them.  Of course, this required newer versions of
a number of other packages.  I'm currently stumped by: gdk-pixbuf, for
which I can't find a precompiled devel binary for Mandrake.   Compiling
gdk-pixbuf from source requires (among others) a newer version of libgal4.
The only binary version I can find for Mandrake are compiled for GLIBC_2.2,
which I don't have and am not going to upgrade to.  In the past, I've
resolved this particular dependency by compiling from source.
Unfortunately, I can't locate source for libgale4.  I've looked on
rpmfind.net, www.gnu.org, and www.gnome.org.

Any clue where I can fine source for libgal4?

thanks

--

Gilligan            |                    __o           .oooO