GnuCash 1.6.0 is released.

D-Man dsh8290@rit.edu
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:57:12 -0400

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 01:22:57AM -0700, Dave Peticolas wrote:
| The GnuCash Development Team <http://www.gnucash.org> proudly
| announces the release of GnuCash 1.6.0, the GNU personal finance
| manager.

Great!  Thanks for getting a new stable release finished!

|   + XML file format (old binary files are converted automatically)

I think this is an excellent improvement.  Plain-text formats are
great because humans can view them and it is easier to create other
tools to deal with them.  (diff works great to compare the differences
:-))  It also reduces the necessity for the program to handle various
versions of the save format because users are capable of reading the
old file and converting it.

Thanks again (though I won't be using it until the Debian package is updated),
-D