Dependency hell redux

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 10:00:21 -0700

Bill Gribble wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 08:56:16AM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> > It would be Real Helpful if you said "GnuCash 1.6 requires Gnome 1.4".
> > Please make at least that change!  (Heck, this should have been
> > in the press release!)
>
> BTW, this *was* in the press release:
>
> > Downloading and Compiling GnuCash
> >
> > The source packages for GnuCash are available for free download at
> > ftp://ftp.gnucash.org/pub/... GnuCash 1.6 requires the Gnome 1.4
> > platform, Guppi, guile, slib, and g-wrap. The detailed requirements
> > can be found at <http://www.gnucash.org/en/required.phtml>.

OK, apologies, the press release got it right (I didn't read carefully)
but that dependency is not noted anywhere I could see on the web site.

Being a plain-vanilla kind of guy, I might have to wait until Red Hat 7.2
to use GnuCash 1.6; not sure I want to let Ximian stomp all over my
system :-(

- Dan