plugin/module architecture proposal for gnucash-1.7

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
11 Jun 2001 15:12:46 -0700

On 11 Jun 2001 16:22:41 -0500, Bill Gribble wrote:
> Any Glade window definitions that are related to the module should be
> stored in a .glade XML file specific to the module in question, and
> the source code generated by glade should be linked into the module's
> shared lib.  I have used 'libglade' some and highly recommend it for
> future development, but that's just my preference.

I think we should definitely go with libglade and ditch the
generated C. I was planning on doing that in 1.7 soon.

> What do you guys think?  Specific thoughts/desires about how it should
> be done?

I think it's definitely a good idea. We should see exactly
what version of guile we need as the 1.6 dependency could
be a pain.

dave