compiling 1.6.0 on Mandrake 8.0

Arnaud Calvo arnaud@calvo-france.com
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 22:57:12 +0200 (CEST)

On 12-Jun-2001 Dave Peticolas wrote:

> On 12 Jun 2001 18:02:41 +0200, Arnaud Calvo wrote:
>> checking for GNOME-PRINT - version >= 0.21... did not find any version
>> configure: error: GNOME-PRINT not found or wrong version

> Did you install gnome-print-devel? Alos,check the output in config.log
> as there are often useful error messages there.

I hadn't installed gnome-print-devel, so I did it :
I tried several rpms from this page :
http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=gnome-print-devel
including one from "suse", two from "Gnome Desktop Environment", another one
from "ximian", but only one worked (ie "was detected by ./configure") : the
gnome-print-devel-0.9-1.i386.rpm one.
Unfortunately, it's too old for the ./configure procedure...
As it is a small package, could anyone please send it to me (I run Mandrake
8.0, if that helps) ?

... and config.log doesn't show any useful messages for this error.

Thanks !

--
http://www.calvo-france.com/linuxtips.php (10/06/01)
 A  r  n  a  u  d    C  a  l  v  o                     47°43'60N  0°31'0W