Balance sheet report for a sub-group of accounts

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 11:48:45 +1000

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 19:15:46 Christian Stimming wrote:

> Oops, that bug goes on me. The problem is that I didn't manage to get the
>
> sub-balance calculation and the account showing/not-showing to follow the
>
> same rules on which accounts to include and which not. The problem lies
> in
> html-utilities.scm at e.g. line 511, where the function for subbalance
> calculation simpy ignores any of the account selection options. At this
> point we would need to introduce a new function that does the subbalance
> calculation with regards to the account selection options.
>
> Note, however, that the semantics of the account selection in the balance
>
> sheet and those in the profit and loss report are slightly different.
> (That's what you get if two different developers write different
> reports...) The semantics for the latter are explained in
> html-utilities.scm:309. If somebody fixes the subbalance bug, he might
> want to unify those two semantics in a consistent behaviour as well.

Yes, I suppose we should fix it.

> I can do that, but I'm busy this week, i.e. I can work on that after June
>
> 18th. If somebody else wants to go ahead before that date, please do it.
>
> Christian

There is another issue to do with this code, that I noticed WRT the balance
sheet but also appears in the average-balance report.  What should we do
if somebody has an asset parent account with, say, a credit card
subaccount?

At the moment, the credit card account will be displayed as an asset . . .

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

Go You Big Red Fire Engine
-- Unknown Audience Member at Adam Hills standup gig