Pie chart reports

Greg Hewgill greg@hewgill.com
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 13:05:03 -0500

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 10:45:41AM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Well, a "loan" to your friend is more like an asset than an expense.
> Similarly, a loan that you receive (e.g. a mortgage) is a liability,
> not an income :)

Yes, that makes sense now that I look at it that way, thanks. I had correctly
categorized loans to me as liabilities, but hadn't made the connection with
assets. Not being an accountant, and having struggled with the limitations of
"categories" in Money 95 for the past six years, I'm slowly sorting everything
out. :)

The question remains, however, about whether expense accounts with a negative
balance should show up in expense pie charts.

Greg Hewgill