PostgreSQL backend versus FreeBSD

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
24 Jun 2001 15:45:43 -0700

On 23 Jun 2001 17:50:23 -0700, Alex Zepeda wrote:
> So I felt a bit masochistic today and decided to have another go at
> building everything.  So far the biggest problem has been the dependency
> on non-standard functions like atoll and stpcpy.  atoll is easy to
> replace, since strtoll is ISO C compliant (C99).

atoll is actually C99 as well, but there might have been a missing
#include issue. Anyway, atoll is obsolete so I will replace its use
with stroll.

> stpcpy is a bit more
> difficult since it's used in various shlibs that are part of gnucash (so
> it's not a matter of including a copy of it in one place.  config.h is
> included multiple times in various source files (ewwwww) so one can't put
> a copy of stpcpy there (more correctly in config.h.bot).  The irony is
> amusing, since stpcpy is actually tested for, but used unconditionally.

And you shouldn't put function definitions in header files anyway.
There is a autoconf mechanism for replacing functions that aren't
found. I will see about using that, or just defining our own.

thanks,
dave