printf not supported

aperomsik@mail.com aperomsik@mail.com
24 Jun 2001 12:37:57 -0400

g> From: Aaron Peromsik <aperomsik@mail.com>
g> Date: 22 Jun 2001 00:09:32 -0400
g>
g> grib@linuxdevel.com (Bill Gribble) writes:
g>
g> g> On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 08:55:17AM -0400, Aaron Peromsik wrote:
g> g> > ERROR: In procedure scm-error in expression (scm-error (quote misc-error) #f ...):
g> g> > ERROR: ;required feature not supported:  printf
g> g>
g> g> There were some problems with some of the reports not requiring slib
g> g> where they ought to.  This wasn't a problem before the reports were
g> g> made into modules.  I fixed all these I found yesterday, but I may
g> g> have missed one (do you have an up-to-date CVS checkout?)
g>
g> Yes, I tried several times updating from CVS, including just now. I
g> also tried "make uninstall ; make install" but that didn't help
g> either.

OK, found the problem. My slib was outdated. As for why it had worked
the day before, probably this had something to do with it...

   2001-06-18  Rob Browning  <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>
	* src/scm/bootstrap.scm.in (gnc:load): don't silently succeed on
	load errors -- fail.

I guess this is a good thing. It would be nice, if possible, to give
better error messages on load failures to give people a clue about
what to look for. It would also have been nice if configure had told
me my slib was too old.

For others developing on Mandrake 8, in addition to the long list of
updates from a previous posting, I also had to install the cooker
versions of umb-scheme, guile, and guile-devel.

Anyway, now I can poke at scheduled transactions a bit.

-- Aaron