Remote Postgres access??

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 19:44:30 -0500

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 03:48:28PM -0400, Mattias Hembruch was heard to rem=
ark:
> However, when I go to save (admittedly, this is with the 1.5.98+patches, =
not
> 1.6.0, I'm installing that right now) to a new database on the remote
> machine, I get an error saying the hostname, userid or password were
> incorrect.

I've made a round of fixes solve this problem adn smooth out a few other
potential bumps as well.   Thy're checked into the CVS head branch, and I'm
testing them for inclusion in 1.6.1 right now.

In the meanwhile, the work around is 'create new databases locally',=20
and then you can access them remotely.

Be sure to GRANT permissions on the database tables !!

--linas

--=20
Linas Vepstas -- linas@gnumatic.com -- http://www.gnumatic.com/

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW