New feature for next issue

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
02 Mar 2001 10:36:25 -0500

Gnucash does allow you to create sub-accounts which, in effect, are
Quicken Categories.  You could make a Gnucash account tree that looked
like:

+-Expenses
   +-Car
      +-Gas
      +-Garage
      +-Insurance
      +-Maintainence

Then you just setup your transaction splits into the appropriate
Gnucash account and it behaves similarly to a Quicken category.

As for periodic transactions, there is ongoing work to support that.

I hope this helps, and thank you for your comments.

Enjoy,

-derek