proposed imaging arch

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net (Robert Graham Merkel)
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 15:13:25 +1100

Bakki Kudva writes:
 > Just a quick note to put down my recent thoughts on image enabling gnucash.
 >
 > I made a diagram with Gnu Dia and have attached it. Still at a high leve
 > conceptual stage.
 >
 > My thoughts are to keep mods to the gnc tree to an absolute minimum (so
 > I don't have to dig too deep in gnc :) and write a quick and dirty back
 > end and a Gui front end which can talk to gnc via named pipes. The idea
 > here is that the doc-organizer services to any app who needs it (may be
 > mp3 or jpeg album). I thought a name for this might be "gnu electronic
 > organizer" (GEORGe). May even have its own cvs?

Before just using named pipes as your IPC solution, you might want to
do some digging through the gnucash mail archives.  We have had
substantial amounts of debate on the issue . . .

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

<telsa> I left my client on #gtk+ overnight and there was nothing
in scrollback at all except quit/rejoins.
<bighead> telsa: well its been that for, I think 3 days now
(ever since started coming back on IRC)
<telsa> Clearly they are busy implementing telepathy,
and dog-fooding it. :)