Questions about the Backend Interface

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
06 Mar 2001 17:43:02 -0500

Dave Peticolas <dave@krondo.com> writes:

> Yes, that is the case. As long as the change happens in the normal
> flow of control, the GUI should handle reparenting gracefully.

Ok, then all we need it a flag that I can set (from another thread)
that the engine/gui loop checks and calls back into the backend
whenever it's set.

I presume I can use 'gnc_book_get_group()' to get the top-level group
in book?

If so, then we just need something like:
	void gncSetEventFlag (void);

and the Backend method can be something like:
	void (*process_event) (Backend *be);