Accounts still require both security and currency?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
13 Mar 2001 11:30:11 -0500

Eh, it only caused me trouble because I based my work on the PostGres
Backend, and _that_ has it wrong! :) It uses xaccAccountSetCommodity()
which fails to properly initialize security-based accounts
(stocks/mututal funds/etc.).

It would be nice if there were an easy way to know whether there is
supposed to be one commodity or two, short of copying the switch()
statement from Account.c.  I'm not sure what the right answer is.
I can code around it, but in the long run either the RPC protocol
will have to change, or it will always be sending an extra set
of empty strings once we change.

-derek