Bug: Transaction is Committed instead of Rollback'ed

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
14 Mar 2001 17:16:31 -0500

Actually, I think I did just figure out the "right" way of doing this.
Split out the force-change code into a second function,
xaccTransDoRollback().  Then have xaccTransRollback() see if the
backend has a rollback function; if so, just call that; if not, just
call xaccTransDoRollback().  Then the backend can disable itself and
then call the DoRollback() function to modify the engine without
causing undue commit_edit calls.

This does put the onus of correcting the engine transaction on the
backend, but I think that's fine.  Currently none of the backends
(except mine) even support the rollback method.

Dave, would you like to work on this or would you like me to do it and
just submit patches along with everything else?

-derek