GnuCash Network / user registration

Bill Gribble grib@gnumatic.com
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 11:39:06 -0600

I just sent a patch to gnucash-patches which adds support for
Gnumatic's "GnuCash Network".  This is a framework for providing
online services and support through the gnucash client.

Right now, there's nothing working except the user registration
process.  I would appreciate it if you folks could give it a try; the
server side stuff is my first attempt at php/sql and is probably
breakage-prone.

You can register by selecting "Register GnuCash" under the "Support"
header in the help topics index of the Gnucash help browser.

In order to register, you have to have compiled gnucash with the
--enable-gpg option to configure, and you have to have GPG (GNU
Privacy Guard, a patent-trouble-free alternative to PGP) in your path.
You don't have to have used GPG before; gnucash handles it for you.
Of course you also have to have my patch from today, which isn't in
CVS yet but should be sometime soon.

There will be some as-yet-undetermined bonus for early registrants :)
and there will genuinely be some services for registered users on the
site soon.

BTW: the background for the gnucash network and registration pages
should be green.  If it isn't, click 'reload' on the help browser; for
some reason gtkhtml completely mishandles tables sometimes.

Thanks,
Bill Gribble