New HTML style features for tables

Bill Gribble grib@gnumatic.com
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 09:50:59 -0600

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 07:17:45PM -0800, Christian Stimming wrote:
> How do I specify that one semantic tags (grand-total) gets rendered
> to several HTML tags (<td><b>...)? Or did I misunderstand the
> intended usage of the stylesheets?

At the moment you can't do that, though I agree that it would be
useful.  I'll add it today.

The only problem is that the "extra" markup will have to be pretty
much second-class... that is, you won't be able to specify additional
attributes for the extra markup tags except by setting style
information for them.

The new API will be that set-style functions now take another key,
'extra-markup, with the value being a list of markup labels.  So
to make grand-total table cells bold and italic, you could say

   (html-table-set-style!
    table "grand-total"
    'tag "td"
    'attribute (list "bgcolor" "purple")