new gnucash website + Announce

Duarte Loreto happyguy_pt@hotmail.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 00:59:12 +0100

   Hello!

First the announcement :) For those of you not in patches list... GunCash
has since 2 days or so the pot file and SGML documentation in Portuguese
(pt_PT). :))))

OK. Now the website. Opposing myselft to others that stated their opinions,
I use 1024x768 on a 17'' display and I like the letter size. It's true that
at work I code with 8px Courier New lettering. But I like the site's size.

I also like a lot more the presentation and colours. I think that this is
more professional, yet keeping it very atractive. Anyway, I always prefered
blue over green. :)

On the down side... Some thing to point out... I don't like very much sites
with scripting. Especially when they open windows when I try to follow an
URL. Scripting must be very carefully designed to "please" many of the
browsers object models...

The bugs and typos... I only took a quick look. Here is what I found.
  * In Features, when you "start the tour" (that is lovely), you have a link
on the upper right corner that says "Close Window". But the tour is being
shown on the main document. If you try to press the close link you get the
javascript security warning "a script wants to close me but you opened me so
do you let it close me?".
  * On software requirements, a typo in G-wrap (lanugage instead of
language). Also, the "NO URL" is pointing to a non-existing page. It
shouldn't be a URL or else it should be one of the "href='#'" type.

Sorry if I missed others not pointed out before, but I'm too sleepy! :)

Overall, I think this is a good step on the site image. Have fun!

Duarte Loreto