new gnucash website + Announce

Richard -Gilligan- Uschold uschold@cs.ucf.edu
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 02:35:31 +0000

The default font that a browser displays is a user preference setting.  The
user will set this to what is comfortable and it varies depending on a number
of factors:  screen size, screen resolution, distance from the screen, monitor
quality, eye ball quality, etc.  Web sites ought to use the default font size
for the majority of the text on the site.  That way, all web sites will be
equally readable in the users environment.  Most sites do tend to honor this,
but not all.  It quite aggravates me to come to a site and have to adjust my
font size so I can read it.

Not that it is particularly important, but I have a 19" monitor running
1280x1024 resolution, and the browser default font size is 12 pt.  It is also
not infrequent, that someone will look at my monitor and ask, "That text is
kind of small, Can you actually read that?"

Gilligan