new gnucash website

Charlton Rose gnucash-devel@sharkysoft.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 15:32:12 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Richard -Gilligan- Uschold wrote:

> It is bigger and I can read it, but it is still at <font size=-1> ranther
> than no specifided size.

I don't know the full context of this thread but I would like to offer
what I know about <font size=-1>.

The <font> tag is supposed to support both relative (-3, -2, -1, +1, +2,
+3) values and absolute values (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7).  Unfortunately, IE
does not recognize relative values and treats them like absolute values,
giving some interesting results.  This is quite often the cause of a web
page being readable in Netscape but not in IE.

If you want to use relative sizing that is compatible with both browsers,

The default font size (w.r.t. the <font> tag) is 3.

Hope these tips are useful.

sharky
http://sharkysoft.com/