Net worth report

Matt Martin matt.martin@ieee.org
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 21:34:33 -0700

Hello all,

Reports are looking GREAT lately.
Been having a few issues with the CVS version and they have persisted
through a few weeks of devel, so I guess they are "real".
The gnome trouble tickets thing doesn't seem to be working, so I'll just
send this to the list.

First, my net-worth report comes up all zeroes with the default settings
(how sad...).
I have one stock account which split into tracking stocks a while back.
It has sitting with with zero balance for many months, no activity.
When I remove it from the default list of accounts, the net-worth
barchart then works ok.

My second report question is regarding equity accounts in the net-worth
report.
According to the docs, opening balances should be drawn from an equity
account.
However, the net worth report subtracts them out an artificially low net
worth.
Is this correct ?

Finally, are there any plans to use the price-db in formulating these
reports ?
It would be oh-so-special to have stock price fluctuations reflect in
the net-worth time trends.
                ( better now than a few months ago, doh)

Thanks for your collective help!

--

 Matt Martin
matt.martin@ieee.org