gnucash and ximian gnome 1.4

Bill Gribble grib@billgribble.com
Thu, 3 May 2001 10:37:01 -0500

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 08:26:59AM -0700, David Hampton wrote:
> I can't get gnucash (CVS) to run now that I've update GNOME to version
> 1.4.  Gnucash complains that it doesn't have permission to open the
> (non-existent) file /usr/share/guile/slibcat.  In fact, I can't find a
> slibcat anywhere in the /usr/share/guile directory.  Any idea how to
> fix this?  Thanks.

This is a bug in the way SLIB (a library of Guile functions) was
installed.  If you run gnucash as root one time it will fix this
problem.  I recommend using the --nofile option so it doesn't try to
load any files, and immediately exiting after gnucash comes up.

You should file a bug against the packager of whatever version of SLIB
you have installed.

b.g.