[linas@linas.org: Re: [SQL-Ledger-users] OT: Web-based Checking Software]

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Thu, 3 May 2001 20:19:27 -0500

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7

----- Forwarded message from Linas Vepstas <linas@linas.org> -----

To: sql-ledger-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [SQL-Ledger-users] OT: Web-based Checking Software
From: linas@linas.org (Linas Vepstas)

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 04:37:12PM -0700, Roderick A. Anderson was heard to=
 remark:
> Slightly off topic but I'm looking for check book software.  I'm
> currently using GnuCash which is nice but I haven't found a reasonable
> way to tie into SQL-Ledger.  So I'm hoping someone knows of some
> web-based software.  Probably, needless to say, but perl based, and
> using PostgreSQL (or other DBI based method) it preferred.

If anyone can help the gnucash developers in figuring out how to tie
into sql-ledger (and/or writing the code to do the same) that would be
great.   BTW, gnucash has a a beta postgres backend.  It works fine in=20
single-user mode, but has difficulties in multi-user mode.

If you do debate this further, please cc. the gnucash-devel@gnucash.org
mailing list.

--linas

>=20
> TIA,
> Rod
> --=20
>                  Remove the word 'try' from your vocabulary ...=20
>                      Don't try.  Do it or don't do it ...
>                                 Steers try!
>=20
>                                                             Don Aslett