[SQL-Ledger-users] OT: Web-based Checking Software

Dieter Simader dsimader@sql-ledger.org
Fri, 4 May 2001 10:30:12 -0600 (MDT)

Transactions are sent to the backend in the form of 'script.cgi ARGV[0]'

i.e to post a GL transaction first set the environment variable
HTTP_COOKIE to sql-ledger=username and then issue a call to gl.cgi in the
form of

gl.cgi "variable=value&........."

ARGV[0] must be escaped (%20, %2f, etc)

variables must include
  action                             subroutine in gl.cgi
  transdate                          date of transaction
  source                             source
  comment                            comment
  rowcount                           number of debit/credit rows
  accno_(1 .. n)                     account number from chart
  debit_(1 .. n)                     debit
  credit_(1 .. n)                    credit

debit and credit cannot have both a value assigned, one must be zero or
empty, if an error occurs the script dies, nothing will be posted if one
step fails in the posting process

This is your basic API for version 1.2.

The next release uses perl modules for all the backend code.

Dieter Simader    http://www.sql-ledger.org   (780) 472-8161
DWS Systems Inc.     Accounting Software       Fax: 478-5281
=========== On a clear disk you can seek forever ===========