asset depreciation

cbbrowne@hex.net cbbrowne@hex.net
Thu, 10 May 2001 15:57:23 -0500

On Thu, 10 May 2001 13:22:30 MDT, the world broke into rejoicing as
Mark Lehrer <mark@knm.org>  said:
> Hi there, I am looking for a way to calculat our asset depreciation
> for the IRS.  We are a relatively small business (35 employess).  We
> are currently using a product called FAS, which calculates all of
> the figures; but is limited to 75 assets unless you cough up $2000
> for the "full" version.  How annoyiing.
>
> What does GnuCash currently handle?  If it is even close to what I
> need, I can hack in the rest.

GnuCash does not presently have any facility for calculating
depreciation; it does not really provide an answer for this at
present.

It ought not to be too difficult to set up a "module" that would
calculate depreciation, but from a practical standpoint, the
development effort would cost a fair bit more than $2K, and getting
"effort" deployed is the barrier to it happening.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "gro.mca@" "enworbbc"))
http://vip.hyperusa.com/~cbbrowne/resume.html