1.{56} dependancy list

Richard -Gilligan- Uschold uschold@cs.ucf.edu
Tue, 22 May 2001 02:16:59 +0000

I haven't looked at this since late February, when i started using the
--disable-guppi switch.  Looking over my notes it went something like this:

The Guppi rpm and/or a few of it's dependencies of it required glibc-2.2.1.
with some trepidation, I upgraded from glibc-2.1.3.  This did not go well,
as there were many, many other packages that still wanted 2.1.3, so, rather
than upgrading 3/4 of my system, I backed this out.

Next I got src rpms for Guppi and it's dependencies and compiled them for
glibc-2.1.3.  Of course, some of the new packages conflict with glibc-2.1.3,
particularly db3.  The way I uderstand it, when glibc-2.2 was released,
several packages that used to be part of it were split out to separate
packages.  There were conflicts with several of these.  I think I resolved
all of these, but GnuCash still wouldn't compile.  So, I temporarily
abandoned Guppi and  compiled with out it.

I tried it today and got:
./autogen.sh --enable-opt-style-install --prefix=/opt5.6g  > &
autogen.err.txt
checking for libguppi - version >= 0.35.1... Unknown library `libguppi'

I have Guppi-0.35.2-2 installed, as well as Guppi-devel-0.35.2-2, one would
think that libguppi would be in one of these!

I downloaded  Guppi-0.35.5-1.src.rpm and this requires upgrading several
other packages:
        libtool is needed by Guppi-0.35.5-1
        ncurses-devel >= 5.2 is needed by Guppi-0.35.5-1
        readline-devel >= 4.2 is needed by Guppi-0.35.5-1

I'll get these and let you know what happens.

Gilligan

Robert Graham Merkel wrote:

> On Sun, 20 May 2001 23:08:14 Richard -Gilligan- Uschold wrote:
> > These are the packages I've had to get or upgrade to to compile GnuCash
> > on Mandrake 7.0
> >
> > Note: I have not yet successfully compiled with guppi support.
> >

> What's the problem?  It'd be nice to resolve it . . .
> --
> Robert Merkel                              rgmerk@mira.net
>
> Go You Big Red Fire Engine-- Unknown Audience Member at Adam Hills standup
> gig

Gilligan            |                    __o           .oooO
                 ========       gilligan@mpinet.net           (_/
             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   uschold@cs.ucf.edu